Whew, it’s been a trying week. Huzz sprained his ankle in a bad way this week. Like, crutches, splint, trip to the ER, hellacious amount of Advil, near-constant icing and arnica-ing, swell-up-like-a-weird-squash kind of sprain. Papa is out of commission. As a result, we are all just a little bit grumps; he because his foot hurts and he can’t walk, me because it makes a lot of extra work to take care of both him and Baby B, especially during a week when it seems like everything is going awry (for instance,the ticket I got on the way to the ER; the cup of coffee the baby spilled onto the bed).
I’m not a “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” kind of person. Nor am I one to fake a happy face. But the fact remains: I need an attitude adjustment, a shift in perspective. So, toward that end, here are a few things I’m grateful for, that genuinely make me happy.
1) Huzz’s ankle isn’t broken. It will heal. This is only temporary.
2) I have a loving co-parent to share in the work of parenting. I don’t know how single moms do it. Hats off to them.
4) It’s Science Friday.
5) This song by The Peekers:
6) New friends are bringing dinner over tonight. And I’m baking an apple pie for dessert.
7) This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, which I will have to try, on principle (the principle that an awesome cookie cures a multitude of icky things).
A fun, new-to-me street style blog to look at.
9) My inadvertent, subconscious tendency to color-coordinate Baby’s and my outfits. (Notice B striking a pose.)
Have a happy, grateful weekend.