Get ready for the easiest DIY ever. Think, 2nd grade, summer camp, arts and crafts hour. In fact, I almost didn’t post this because it seems so obvious, but ya gotta love an easy DIY post, eh?
I’ve ALWAYS been a journaler. I still have my first journal from when I was 9 years old. The cover has a picture of a cat with a guitar in the front and a necklace around it’s neck reading “Cat’s Rule”. I faithfully wrote in this journal daily and stayed dedicated to the theme, too, by religiously writing “Cats rule, Dogs drool” on the top of every entry. Moreover, whereas most kids dreamed of walking down the toy aisle when at the store with their parents, I couldn’t wait to get to the notebook section.
Three years ago, I was strolling around in a cutesy craft store, when I found what appeared to be a collaged composition notebook on sale for 15 dollars. It was cute, but really? 15 dollars? Because I love paper and notebooks and journals so much, I decided this would be a frilling project to do myself. And for the last three years, all of my journals have been mod podged composition notebooks made by me. And I love them cause they are just so personal!
Here’s what I do:
1. Get out some glue, mod podge, magazines, scissors, and a composition notebook.
2. Cut out images and texts that are pretty and inspiring.
3. Glue them onto the notebook.
4. After you’ve glued down all of your pieces, use a sponge brush to apply Mod Podge all over the face of the notebook. Then, let it dry.
5. Admire your new journal cause it’s frilling and lovely, and it’s YOUR creation.
Here is my new journal, plus a couple more I’ve made over the years.