Every time I go to yoga and I use an eye pillow during relaxation, I think: “I need one of these!” So I decided to take about five minutes and make one. Except mine is especially awesome because it contains relaxing lavender, my favorite fragrance, which also happens to be a drug-free aromatherapy headache remedy and stress reliever. The project is so easy.
- a small amount of cotton or linen fabric, cut into a roughly 9 x 9 square
- sewing machine, or needle and thread
- dried lavender flowers
1)Fold your fabric square in half, right sides together
2) Sew two of the open sides shut, to make a ‘bag’ or ‘pillowcase’
3) Turn the bag right side out
4) Fill with rice and lavender mixture, not too full; you want the pillow to be soft and pliable, not overstuffed. (I used a small funnel.)
5) Sew remaining side closed
6) Relax! Next time you have a headache, feel stressed out, or just need a nap, you have the perfect eye pillow.